Odds and ends…or Learning to 3d print by printing a new 3D printer #3

…arrived today. Namely linear ball bearings and linear rods. Printed one part of the motor_end.stl. The motor_end.stl is taken from the original Rostock Mini. No changes have been made on the Rostock Mini Modification (Sorry for not posting a link).

Still unchanged settings but I went back to the heated build plattform. The MDF is still as saggy as ever but yeah…wadeva. Though as I found out that propper cooling improves overall print quality on perimeters and stuff alike, too much cooling without a headed bed tends to warp corners. The more you cool the more they warp. So I had to revert to it. Lost some print area on the Y but I can live with that (2cm). As soon as my Delta-Rostock is finished this won’t be an issue. Note to myself: Get cheap local storage area for printer armada muaha MUAHAHA.

So, yes….one of the motor_ends printed yesterday. Came out nice and so I was able to assemble one pylon. Shiny…

Oh yeah and not to forget the new carbon rods. Though drilling the Traxxas by hand was not that of a good idea. Holes came out slightly off the center but there is nothing that cannot be fixed using some Epoxy.

Platform with attached carbon rods

Platform with attached carbon rods

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *